Four Dining Rooms, Ultra Modern Conference Room, Small Wedding Venue, Private Functions, Wine Cellar Venue,
5Ritrovo Ristorante was established in March 1995 as Pretoria’s pre-eminent Italian restaurant nestled at the top of the Waterkloof Ridge, with panoramic views from picture windows overlooking the diplomatic belt. Co-owned by well known father and son team Giovanni and Fortunato Mazzone the restaurant has established a reputation as a haven for gourmands with its award winning cuisine and unparalleled wine list and 20000 bottle wine-cellar. These factors have ensured that Ritrovo is consistently rated by all the major food publications as one of South Africa’s most desirable dining destinations.
The restaurant has an elegant main dining room seating 75 guests. This room has elegant contemporary lighting, fine art and real wood tables with fantastic appointments including exclusive use of Riedel Crystal stemware. There are two private dining rooms. The deluxe private dining room / conference facility has a state of the art AV system unparalleled in SA capable of hosting functions of any nature including conferences and seminars for up to 50 people. The room is served by an HD Projector, 2.5m screen, additional LCD screen, Dolby 7.2 Sound, wireless microphones and ultra high speed wireless LAN. The private wine cellar can accommodate 25 diners in intimate stylish comfort and is also AV equipped if necessary. The deli-style dining room next door is used as a funky informal bistro with food served from the main kitchen in an exciting cosmopolitan and rustic ambience seating 50 persons. This is complemented by a bougainvillea shrouded outside dining area.
The food is classic Italian but with a contemporary slant. Food presentation is uncomplicated, stylish and modern with the freshest seasonal produce appearing on a menu that changes with the seasons. Specialties include unusual carpaccio’s, fresh seafood and shellfish, hand made pasta, magnificent casseroles and roasts and crisply crusted chateaubriand style fillet. Ritrovo offers a meal that is an experience, in an ambience that is special, with the personal touch of old school restaurateurs taking care of your every need.
Awards and recognition received by Ritrovo Ristorante
• The highest three star rating from the influential and independant Rossouw’s Restaurant Guide 2009-2012
• American Express Platinum fine dining award every year from 1999-2012
• Diners Club Diamond Award for the finest restaurant wine list in South Africa 1996-2011 (15 consecutive awards)
• National Tourism Grading Board 5 Star Graded
• First Restaurant in South Africa to be awarded the prestigious “Platinum Star Award” from the SA Tourism Grading Board Authority.
• First Restaurant in Tshwane Metropolitan Area to receive internationally recognized 5 star grading
• First Restaurant in Tshwane to receive an audited hygiene grading to international specifications