Where has the year gone? Are we seriously about to step into June (and winter)? We can’t believe we’re already halfway through 2018. It’s crazy how time flies when you’re having fun, right? So, now that we have had our trial run for 2018 and warmed up properly, we need to make the most of this year with the time that we have left! And trust us, this year is only going to get better!
Impress Dad This Father’s Day
Do you know what you’re getting dad for Father’s Day? Not a cooking clue? Don’t worry, Via La Moda has just the thing, from stylish leather satchels to cool accessories! Plus, they have a special giveaway up their sleeves. Click here for the details.
Now that we’re officially in winter, we think it’s time to plan a well-deserved getaway in the middle of the country. Think lazy days snug in bed, indulging in delectable cuisine, exploring your surroundings at the stunning and luxurious De Hoek Country Hotel. Sounds heavenly! Book your winter escape now!
We don’t know about you, but the cold has made us extra munchy lately. We’ve been tucking into a whole bunch of winter warmer foods, from curries and soups to piping hot Malva pudding doused in custard and our current favourite, waffles! So, if you’re craving some syrupy, waffley goodness (like us), make sure you suss out these waffle hotspots in the city.
Top 5 Events this Week
1) The ever-popular Cellar Rats Winter Wine Festival is back this Saturday, bringing you everything from the best wines, port, brandy, gins and craft beers to good food and much more.
2) Lace up and get your heart pumping at Joburg’s coolest night race, the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run, on Saturday! There’ll also be an exciting after-party waiting for you once you cross the finish line.
3) Warm yourself up from the inside out at the Joburg Craft Rum Festival this Saturday. You can expect only the finest craft rums, lots of tasty treats from a selection of food trucks and of course, awesome live entertainment.
4) Petrol heads, the East Rand Motor Show has finally arrived! You and your family can enjoy a fun Sunday out viewing classic beauties and muscle cars, catching a few rev-offs, munching on good food and much more.
5) The Market on the Square is the perfect place for Sunday strollers to indulge in some delicious delicacies, listen to some relaxing live music and do a little shopping.
Cool Stuff To Read
Have You Been To De Vette Mossel?
Eat a little, drink a little; talk a lot. Kick off your shoes and go dig your toes into the sand at De Vette Mossel @ Harties… you will love it to bits.
Let’s Go On A Babymoon
You’re having a baby! Congratulations! It’s an exciting time for parents-to-be, so why not embrace this special time with a babymoon? We know a few places!
Winter Fun For The Kids
It may be cold out there, but that doesn’t mean the kids need to become couch potatoes! Here’s how to keep them active this winter.
Be Safe On Our Roads, Joburg
Planning ahead and being aware of your surroundings is only the beginning. Here’s how to be diligent on our roads. Stay safe out there, Jozi.
Boktown @ Montecasino
Catch the all rugby action live on the big screen at Boktown Montecasino this June! There’s no better way to catch the game, so get your tickets now.
Soweto Fashion Week
Fashionistas, don’t miss out on the latest trends and up-and-coming local fashion designers at this year’s Soweto Fashion Week.
Capital Craft Beer Fest
If you’re in Pretoria on Youth Day, head to the 2018 Capital Craft Beer Festival for a day filled with refreshing beers, great tunes and rugby action.
Dinosaurs of the Lost World
This winter, Cradlestone Mall will be bringing long-forgotten, prehistoric creatures back to life with Dinosaurs of the Lost World!
If you missed our last edition, click here now.