Categories Open For Business
In case you missed it, these are the categories of services that are deemed safe to resume operations as of Friday, 19 June 2020:
- Hairdressing and barbering
- Hand and foot treatments
- Facial treatments and makeup
- Body massages
- Tattooing and body piercing
The New Rules
These formal salons will need to adhere to the following rules in order to operate and ensure the safety of their staff and customers:
- Provide a hand sanitising/washing station for customers before they enter the premises
- Encourage contactless payment where possible
- Disinfect common areas before and after use, including after serving each customer
- Sanitise all equipment and/or tools before and after each use
- All bottles with products must be wiped down with a 70% alcohol solution after serving each customer and at the end and beginning of each business day
- Fresh and clean towels must be used for each customer
- Keep windows and doors open, if possible, to ensure ventilation
- Arrange and provide adequate PPE for employees
- Masks must be worn at all times and the stylist must also wear a face shield/ visor that must be cleaned after serving each customer
- Aprons and gloves should be changed after each client
- Encourage pre-booking appointments to avoid long queues and waiting periods
- Salons must only allow customers inside if the 1.5 metre distance can be maintained
- Employees and owners above the age of 60 or with comorbidities must be discouraged from working
- Use a booking system for treatment appointments
- No guests allowed
- Suspend the provision of all beverage and food amenities for customers
For the full rules and regulations guide regarding formal salons, hairdressers, barbers and tattoo studios, click here for the guidelines.
Who’s Opening Soon?
We’re so excited about the opening of beauty salons and hairdressers! So, we did a search on who will be opening soon and waiting to sort out all of our needs after all the stresses and uncertainties this lockdown has conjured up.
Gents, those beards need some pampering after all of the lockdown stresses and perils everyone has been through! And let’s not forget about a good trim and massage. Sorbet Man stores are now open for all your grooming needs. They’ve taken all the necessary measures to ensure your and their safety during this pandemic.
Carlton Hair SA
Find your nearest Carlton Hair salon and make your booking now before it’s too late! Carlton Hair SA are happy to announce that they have reopened their salons across the country.
You can find their Pretoria stores in:
- Centurion Mall
- Irene Village Mall
- Parkview Centre
And in Joburg:
- Melrose Arch
- Bryanston Shopping Centre
- Cambridge Crossing
- Hyde Park Corner
- Lonehill Shopping Centre
- Nelson Mandela Square
- Rosebank Mall
- Village View Shopping Centre
Soon, Sorbet Salons across the country will be opening their doors so you can once again enjoy their range of pampering treatments. From manicures and pedicures to an amazing massage and maybe even a wax, they’ll soon be ready and waiting to leave you feeling renewed, refreshed, rejuvenated and spoilt. Pre-bookings are now open, so be sure to contact your closest store and book your appointment.
The Nail Bar
Looking to get a mani-pedi combo, pronto? Then be sure to book an appointment with The Nail Bar and enjoy a lovely spoil after months of at-home DIY nail treatments. They pride themselves on having strict hygiene standards ensuring your and their safety, and are ready and waiting to welcome you and offer their services.
Belissima Hair Salon
Belissima Hair Salon in Centurion are also proud to announce that they are officially reopen and ready for business! This modern salon specialises in women’s and men’s hairdressing and strive to provide the highest quality of services. Make sure you make a booking before they get too busy!