All Your Essentials
Dis-Chem Pharmacies will remain open and fully operational throughout the lockdown period. Both their physical and online stores have been well stocked to ensure that you never run out of essentials. From immune-boosting vitamins to chronic medication, body and bath goodies and even Dis-Chem’s range of health food products, you can still live your healthiest life during lockdown.
Dis-Chem Clinics are actively working during the lockdown period as well. These clinics offer a variety of medical services, including flu vaccinations, HIV testing and pre-natal support. At their busiest stores, Dis-Chem have deployed additional staff to assist as many people in as quick a time as possible. These stores will also be well stocked with flu vaccines to help you get through the coming cold months without nasty flu complications. Certain store clinics will be open all day over weekends until the end of May to assist with this process.
Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing
Data has shown that an increase in testing for COVID-19 is one of the best ways to get ahead of the curve and prevent uncontrolled infection. The South African government aims to be able to conduct 30 000 tests per day by the end of April. However, as testing stations and laboratories may be inundated with tests, they need a little help to achieve this goal. That’s why Dis-Chem Pharmacies have stepped up to offer Drive-Thru testing at a number of their stores across the country! There are currently two drive-thru testing stations situated in Pretoria: Centurion Mall and Olympus Plaza.
Here’s how it works:
- Dis-Chem’s nursing practitioners facilitate swab tests in the convenience of your car, which are then submitted to Toga Laboratories.
- The test costs R850.
- All results will be logged through the NICD, which go through to the DOH.
- Tests will be conducted on weekdays between 09:00 and 16:00, no bookings required.
- All the staff will be wearing protective gear and there will be proper medical waste disposal.
- Once tests are done and results are in, the clinic call centre will be in touch with the results within 24 – 48 hours. All information will be confidential within the clinic department.
R2 million To The Solidarity Fund
In response to President Cyril Ramaphosa’s call for donations to the Solidarity Fund, Dis-Chem Pharmacies have pledged R2 million in support. But, that’s not all! Dis-Chem is asking their benefit members to donate their cash back points to the fund, offering to match each donation rand for rand. You can check your point balance on the new Dis-Chem Pharmacy App which is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play for Android. The app allows you to load a virtual loyalty card which can then be used to donate to the Solidarity Fund. Once you have given back to those in need, get shopping on the app or order your medication for delivery or collection. Never before has shopping for your essentials been this simple!
COVID-19 Precautions And Measures
Dis-Chem has implemented limits on the number of products a single customer may purchase, to avoid panic buying. Similarly, their stores have massively ramped up their delivery services, with a maximum of seven days delay in processing for delivery direct to your door. If you would rather do your shopping at one of their stores, there are a number of health and safety precautions in place to protect both you and their staff from COVID-19. These precautions include:
- Dis-Chem stores will be deep cleaned on an on-going basis, with sanitising solutions used in high-touch, high-traffic areas, with a specific focus on clinics and dispensaries.
- Dis-Chem have allocated staff dedicated to cleaning key areas throughout the day, and are sending additional supplies for use at tills, for baskets and trolleys.
Need to stock up on your chronic medication? Dis-Chem offers a Pack My Meds service to streamline your customer experience and avoid waiting in long queues. You can also opt to Click and Collect your other essential items to minimise time spent at the store.
In addition to these measures, Dis-Chem Pharmacies are working tirelessly to restock their cleaning supplies, tissues and other products. With an added promise of keeping to their same low prices throughout the lockdown on all items, Dis-Chem is definitely showing their loyal customers utmost support during this difficult time.
For More Information
Find your nearest Dis-Chem Pharmacy store here.