You got to see how cramped your kitchen was, or you felt you needed more garden, or wanted a bigger living room. So the minute restrictions were lifted, many of us started the hunt for our new dream home. One of the biggest challenges for homeowners was finding a reliable and affordable mover. This is where Kandua.com comes in.
Kandua.com is a fast-growing, mission-driven tech startup. It is South Africa’s largest online home services marketplace, where you can easily connect with a trusted pro for everything from emergency fixes to full scale renovations. Kandua.com has over 25 000 independent professionals and small businesses listed across more than 100 services: movers, carpenters, electricians, builders, plumbers and many more.
Thanks to Kandua’s smart matching technology, you can easily connect with a trusted pro near you, from the comfort of your couch. You can get up to 5 quotes in 1 minute or less:
- Answer some questions about the job
- Share your contact details so no more than 5 pros can contact you directly
- You’ll be contacted with quotes or a request for more info by affordable, experienced and trusted pros
- Read their online reviews – all of Kandua’s pros are vetted and reviewed
- Choose the contractor that best suits your requirements and then invite them to view your home to discuss the details of the job.
2021’s most popular home service in Pretoria
By far the most popular service requested on Kandua.com in Pretoria in 2021 was a moving service. The suburbs with the most requests for movers were Eldoraigne, Menlo Park, and Pretoria North.
If you are in the same boat and looking to move, here is some advice from the Kandua.com pros:
Making your move a success
Moving is stressful, and emotional. This is not the time to enlist friends and family to bring their bakkie and help you move. You need people who are experienced when moving furniture, wrapping it correctly and transporting it safely so nothing breaks.
What will moving cost you?
- Where are you moving to? Distance is a huge factor in determining the costs of your move, as this increases both the fuel cost and the cost of the driver’s time.
- How much needs to be moved? Obviously, the moving costs incurred for a 1 bedroom flat move compared to those of a 4 bedroom house, are going to be vastly different.
- What needs to be moved? The type of items being moved also plays an important role. Moving a piano, for example, will require specialised equipment and extra removal staff which may add to the overall cost.
- When do you want to move? Moving can become more expensive based on how booked up the furniture removal company is. You can expect the prices to start going up as you near month-end. Weekends are also very busy for the removals, so expect a price jump. Pro tip – “Try to move between the 6th and 23rd of the month – fees can be up to 20% cheaper than end of month rates.”
Why is Kandua doing what they are doing? It is simple: good service providers struggle to break into the industry, and bad service providers hide behind their anonymity – but it doesn’t have to be that way, right? If you have any more questions, head on over to Kandua.com to learn more.