Menlyn Barnyard Returns!
The Barnyard Theatre is proud to announce its return to Pretoria through the launch of its brand-new, 400-seater venue at the renowned Menlyn Park Shopping Centre. In case you missed it, Menlyn Barnyard was situated at Menlyn Park from 2002 to 2012 before it closed. But 2019 is looking bright, as Menlyn Barnyard is officially coming back to its original home, opening its doors on Thursday, 13 June 2019.
This will bring the total number of Barnyard Theatres in the country to six; Rivonia Barnyard, Emperors Palace Barnyard, Cape Town Barnyard, Silverstar Barnyard, Suncoast Barnyard in Durban and now, the brand new and beautiful, Menlyn Barnyard in Pretoria!
How To Find Menlyn Barnyard
Menlyn Barnyard is conveniently situated just off the N1 Highway at the exquisite, newly upgraded Menlyn Park Shopping Centre in Pretoria. Here’s how you can get to it:
- Take Garsfontein Rd off the N1
- Keep left and enter into Menlyn Park Parkade
- Park at Red Parking Level 6
- Menlyn Barnyard’s entrance is situated next to the Centre Management offices
- Take Atterbury Rd off the N1
- Enter into Menlyn Park Parkade and park at Red Parking Level 6
- Menlyn Barnyard’s entrance is situated next to the Centre Management offices.
From the food court inside Menlyn Park Shopping Centre:
- Head towards McDonald’s and Toy Kingdom.
- Walk past Billabong and Quicksilver, and exit the centre into parking lot (Red Parking Level 6), just past Centre Management offices.
Here’s Why You Need To Visit Menlyn Barnyard
Pretoria Barnyard Theatre fans can look forward to an excellent, authentic show experience with exciting shows by the renowned Barnyard Production Company, along with the same wooden interior and casual seating-style that’s unique to the Barnyard Theatre. The Barnyard Group is passionate about local artists and musicians and entertaining audiences across South Africa. They are extremely excited to return to Pretoria with an incredible show line-up, including new Barnyard productions, as well as local bands and comedians.
The new Menlyn Barnyard will include an in-house catering division with pizzas, snack baskets, gourmet platters, buffet options and more for sale to patrons attending shows. Patrons also have the option of pre-ordering food and beverages. As always, public patrons are welcome to bring their own food / picnic baskets (no beverages allowed).
This unique theatre experience offers the perfect night out with live entertainment for couples, families, friends and colleagues. The Barnyard Theatres are also ideal for birthday parties, fundraising events, corporate functions, client entertainment, day conferencing and more.
Don’t Miss Their Launch Show – Big Top Rock
Menlyn Barnyard will launch on 13 June 2019 with the highly acclaimed, hit show – Big Top Rock. Get ready for the ultimate rock ‘n roll circus show, a fusion of live rock music and breath-taking acrobatic acts. This hit show features live music, aerial acts, funky dance routines and an electrical atmosphere that will rock you like no other. Expect rock hits from six decades of music from legends like Def Leppard, ACDC, Kings of Leon, Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers to rock and pop icons; Elvis Presley, Pink, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Pitbull and more. Also, experience a variety of acts that include pole, acrobatics, silk, trapeze and lyra act – all performed to the beat of the rocking live band and singers.
Times & Ticket Prices:
- Treat the family to Big Top Rock winter holiday deal from 21-30 June 2019: Tickets ONLY R130 per person, plus KIDS U12 Free. Ts & Cs apply.
- Tuesday (20:00) – R175 per person, buy one get one free
- Wednesday to Saturday (20:00) – R175 per person
- Sunday (13:00) – R130 per person, plus Pensioners *50% Off, and Kids under 12 **FREE
- Click here to get your tickets now.
- *Telephonic bookings only
- **Limited to 2 kids per paying, full price – adult
For More Information
For more information about the brand-new Menlyn Barnyard, visit www.barnyardtheatre.co.za.
You can also contact them on 012 880 2727 or [email protected].